Wednesday, September 13, 2017

CREATIVE ASSIGNMENT IDEAS



I want to use The Swing for the Creative Assignment because there so many options to to apply art appropriation.  I plan to reconstruct this elegant/feminine painting, and make it humorous/masculine. Many of the figures in the painting have so much symbolism and reasoning of why they are being utilized in the painting that I thought it'd be easy to create something extremely creative and innovating.  Also, one of my ideas to incorporate art appropriation is to reconstruct a very urban and modern environment.  I want to capture a look that'll capture a sense of sadness within a robust world.  I want the audience to visualize a world that is being transformed into a robotic/cold world.


THE SWING
(Jean-Honore Fragonard)
1767
oil on canvas


Another idea is to utilize the Napoleon Crossing the Alps painting.  I'm not quite sure what concept I will use, but I like the painting because the the context and history behind the painting.  The painting possesses formal qualities such as the pose of the horse and Napoleon.  Another distinct feature that catches my eye is the relationship of unequal proportions between the horse and Napoleon.  Anyway, I still need to think of something, and this painting gives me some inspiration and ideas. 

NAPOLEON CROSSING THE ALPS
(Jaques-Louis David)
1801-1805
oil on canvas



No comments:

Post a Comment